New Hampshire Distributors, LLC was founded in August of 1946 by James H. Hayes. Jim came to New Hampshire temporarily in 1937 as the first commanding officer of the New Hampshire State Police. In 1946, Jim’s opportunity to permanently return to New Hampshire occurred when he accepted an opportunity to begin warehousing, selling and merchandising soft drinks in the state. He and his wife Claire, both University of New Hampshire graduates, moved to Concord at that time to live and raise a family.
New Hampshire Distributors’ beginning was simple – a basement in a store in Epping. In 1947, the business was moved to One Durgin Lane in Concord (about where the Sandwich Depot/parking garage is located today). During the next ten years, the business outgrew that building and in 1957 a new warehouse was built on Horseshoe Pond Lane. In 1983, after four expansions at Horseshoe Pond Lane over a twenty-six year period, we built a state of the art distribution facility at our present location at 65 Regional Drive.
New Hampshire Distributors continues business today with a successful transition to the 3rd generation. Currently, this “family business” has a staff of over 200 full-time employees. Over the course of 2016 and 2017, the company successfully completed the acquisitions of two contiguous wholesalers, paving the way for the future of the business while growing our geographic footprint.
We do business with over 2000 accounts in the eastern part of the state. Our footprint stretches from Manchester, NH’s largest city, to the border town of Seabrook on the southern end and encompasses everything in between all the way to the Canadian border on the northern end. Servicing our accounts on a daily and weekly basis is our top priority.
For years, the Company’s portfolio consisted primarily of beer. Around the millennium, New Hampshire Distributors started to diversify and we now distribute various waters, energy drinks, teas, juices, new age drinks and boutique sodas.
We take pride in our motto that “Making Friends is our Business”. It has served us well since 1946.